EU Humanitarian Aid
VOICE is the main NGO interlocutor with the EU on emergency aid, relief, and disaster risk reduction. For more on how EU institutions cover humanitarian aid, please click here.
Quality and Accountability in Humanitarian Aid
VOICE member organisations are continuously striving for professionalism, improving the quality of their work by respecting the Code of Conduct and implementing quality standards (see also information sheet Quality in EU humanitarian Aid: the contribution of the VOICE network - March 2011).
There are a number of initiatives that promote quality and accountable support to vulnerable communities and provide verification and certification services to NGOs worldwide. These standards and tools reinforce the added value of NGOs as humanitarian actors.
For more information on quality initiatives, please click on the links below.
VOICE builds alliances with other NGO bodies active in humanitarian aid on key issues such as humanitarian principles and the role of NGOs in aid delivery.
- ICVA (International Council of Voluntary Agencies)
- SCHR (Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response)
- Interaction (Alliance of U.S. development and humanitarian NGOs)
- CONCORD (European confederation of relief and development NGOs)
The Red Cross and UN Agencies
VOICE is in regular contact with the Red Cross family, which participates as an observer to some VOICE activities, and also with UN agencies.
- ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross)
- IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies)
- UNOCHA (UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs)
- WFP (World Food Programme)
- UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency)
- UNICEF (UN Children's Fund)
VOICE cooperates with other organisations involved in human resources capacity which represents a considerable management challenge for humanitarian NGOs.
- Red R (International federation of regional offices focused on the competence and effectiveness of relief personnel)
- Institut Bioforce Developpement (French training and expertise centre)
VOICE seeks to give visibility to its activities and positions and is in contact with relevant partners.
- Reliefweb (information website set up by UN-OCHA)
- Alertnet (information website of Reuters Foundation)
- Politico (Europe edition)
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (leading international body monitoring conflict-induced internal displacement worldwide, established by Norwegian Refugee Council in 1998)
- NOHA (Network on Humanitarian Action)
- HPN (Humanitarian Practice Network)
- EISF (European Interagency Security Forum)
- DARA (Development Assistance Research Associates; organisations aimed at evaluating humanitarian aid, including humanitarian donorship)
- punto.sud (research group specialised in project preparation, management and evaluation as well as in training of humanitarian aid workers)
- Global Humanitarian Assistance (annual reports that track humanitarian financing)
- Internews (international non-profit organisation working with local media)