VOICE is the main NGO interlocutor with the EU on emergency aid, relief, and disaster risk reduction.
For more on how EU institutions cover humanitarian aid, click here.
- Quality of humanitarian aid
VOICE member NGOs are continuously striving for professionalism, improving the quality of their work by respecting the Code of Conduct and implementing quality standards (see also information sheet Quality in EU humanitarian Aid: the contribution of the VOICE network).
For more info on quality initiatives:
- The Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in disaster relief
- ALNAP (Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action)
- HAP (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership)
- The Sphere Project (humanitarian charter and standards in disaster response)
- Groupe URD (Urgences, Rehabilitation, Development)
- Joint Standards Initiative
VOICE builds alliances with other NGO bodies active in humanitarian aid on key issues such as humanitarian principles and the role of NGOs in aid delivery.
- ICVA (International Council of Voluntary Agencies)
- SCHR (Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response)
- Interaction (alliance of U.S. development and humanitarian NGOs)
- CONCORD (European confederation of relief and development NGOs)
- The Red Cross and UN agencies
VOICE is in regular contact with the Red Cross family – which participates as observer to some VOICE activities - and also with UN agencies.
- ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross)
- IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies)
- UNOCHA (UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs)
- WFP (World Food programme)
- UN HCR (UN Refugee agency)
- UNICEF (UN Children's Fund)
VOICE cooperates with other organisations involved in human resources capacity which represents a considerable management challenge for humanitarian NGOs.
- People in Aid (international network of development and humanitarian assistance agencies specialised in people management and support)
- Red R (International federation of regional offices focused on the competence and effectiveness of relief personnel)
- Institut Bioforce Développement (French training and expertise centre)
VOICE seeks to give visibility to its activities and positions and is in contact with relevant partners.
- Reliefweb (information website set up by UN-OCHA)
- Alertnet (information website of Reuters Foundation)
- The European Voice (weekly of the Economist group)
- Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre (leading international body monitoring conflict-induced internal displacement worldwide, established by Norwegian Refugee Council in 1998)
- NOHA (Network on Humanitarian Action)
- HPN (Humanitarian Practice Network)
- EISF (European Interagency Security Forum)
- DARA (Development Assistance Research Associates; organisations aimed at evaluating humanitarian aid, including humanitarian donorship)
- punto.sud (research group specialised in project preparation, management and evaluation as well as in training of humanitarian aid workers)
- Development initiatives, Global Humanitarian Assistance (annual reports that track humanitarian financing)